Why we should choose Paulownia?
- Fastest growing tree -reaches 5 to 9 m. per year and a quality timber at 8th year (up to 1m’). At the place where the stem was cut a new stem is formed, no need for replanting.
- The tree is a source of renewable energy. The wood is used for pellets and bioethanol.
- Ensures raw materials for several industries like timber industry, wood processing, furniture, pharmacy ect.
- The flowers are beautiful, melliferous and antioxidants rich.
- The leaves absorb 10 times more carbon emissions in comparison to other tree species.
- Paulownia extracts and accumulates heavy metals and recovers the soil after erosion and cultivates dung- hills.
- Extremely suitable for ornamental purposes in parks and city landscape.
What is Paulownia?
Up to 75 cm wide in diameter and absorb 10 times more carbon emissions that any other tree species.
Beautiful, melliferous and fragrant. Many bioactive antioxidants are extracted from the flowers. Play role to keep the bees populations.
Reach a mature age at 8 years and becomes useful for high quality wood yield.(Normally the populous mature after 15-20 years, the oak after30-40 yrs and the pine after 70-75yrs).
Fast growing and could form a new stems at the place of the cut tree.
After the Paulownia purchase it is planted in plantations for commercial growing, for landscapes in parks, for strengthening landslides and damps coasts, cultivation of dung-hills, protective shelter belts and reforestation.
Why Paulownia is appropriate business solution?
This is the fastest growing tree in the world that forms timber. After its 8th year the formed highest quality timber is traded at the world’s markets more expensively than the wood of oak and beech.(1m3 of first class paulownia timber is traded for more than 1200$) In construction industry, wood processing, furniture, for veneers, for toys and packages. The wood is also used for music instruments, plane construction and shipbuilding.
Where the wood is used?
In construction industry, wood processing, furniture, for veneers, for toys and packages. The wood is also used for music instruments, plane construction and shipbuilding.
- The wood contains minimal quantities of moisture which saves money for its drying. The time needed to derive paulownia wood with12% moisture and 25mm thickness in dryers takes 24-48 hours and30-40 days for air drying (The same oak wood needs 2 weeks in dryer and 1 year on air).
- Strong, smooth without defects.
- The wood does not wrapping, cracking or deforming during the period of drying.
- Stable to twisting and mechanical deformations.
- Extreme light timber commensurable wit basalt.
- Good insulation and acoustic characteristics does not rot and is easy for processing.
- All these qualities make the Paulownia an excellent raw material for wood processing industry.
What is the wooden biomass used for?
- Pellets, wood chips
Biomass production 60-80 t/ha; rotation – 2 years; energy 4500 kcal/kg; no need of replanting.
- Green biomass production 60 t/ha; rotation -1 year; no need of replanting.
Why PAULOWNIA is an eco-friendly solution
- The species absorbs 10 times more carbon dioxide (CO2) in comparison to other tree species.
- lt turns the uncultivated lands in green fields.
- For cultivation of dung-hills and lands destroyed by the human activities.
- For strengthening of the river banks, and struggle with erosion.
- The tree is alternative to the tobacco
The development of plantations could successfully substitute the tobacco production and to give new means of living for the native population.
Content comes from Bio TREE